Dates will be announced, check back soon.
Basic SPAY/NEUTER EVENT INFO & REQUIREMENTS
- General Drop Off Time: 8:00-10:00 am Pick Up Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
- ALL Dogs/Cats MUST be PRE-Registered for $10 ea. (refunded when pet is picked up after surgery). Pre-Register @ the HS/SPCA office M-F from 10 - 2pm (994 CR 529A, Lake Pan.-one road East of the Sumter County Landfill Entrance).
- Do NOT feed your animal after 10pm the night before surgery.
- ALL cats MUST each be in an individual carrier. ALL dogs MUST be on a leash.
- ALL animals MUST be healthy. Cats must weigh at least 2 lbs. and dogs must weigh at least 4 lbs. or be a min. of 4 months old. Any animals 7 years or older will not be accepted.
- No hernias or undescended testicles will be accepted. Male dogs must have both testicles visible.
- Animals in heat/pregnant will ONLY be done at the discretion of the on-site vets.
- ALL dogs & cats need a current county license and rabies vaccination. These can be purchased on-site. Additional medical services will also be available for a fee.
- ALL animals must be brought in by their legal owner (min. of 18 y.o.).
- Only Sumter County residents and their own pets are accepted for this service.
- NO rescue groups, breeders, foster homes or feral cats will be accepted.
- Animals MUST be picked up the same day between 4:30 & 5:30pm.
Animals not picked up by the close of the day will be considered abandoned and become the property of the Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, Inc. Owners will sign a statement accepting this condition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Donations of money, pet food, bedding & supplies gladly accepted at the event.
DID YOU KNOW...
Neutering keeps your pet healthy by preventing diseases?
Neutering helps eliminate the urge to wander & keeps it close to home?
Neutering will assure that no more unwanted animals are born?
Neutering your pet will help prevent it from spraying & marking territory?
Neutering helps prevent many other behavioral problems?